Monday, July 18, 2011

Beach Time!

It's not that I want to be a show off or anything like that, but I felt the urge to show how beautiful a day at the beach can be. A few of months a go I went for a couple of days to Mazatlan with the family. I got to say that it was one of the best trips I've made to the beach. I got to experienced the day and night life of this city.


Everywhere you go at night, there is music playing. From mariachi, pop, R&B to techno. People are out of their hotel rooms in their best night outfits cruising the streets around 'Zona Dorada,' and looking for a good place to have some fun with friends and family until late into the night.


Early in the morning people are already out and ready to begin another day. Taxis are driving down the streets slowly, waiting for a client to ask for their service. Tourist are walking down 'Camaron Sabalo' and 'De Mar' looking for a good restaurant to have breakfast.



Mazatlan may not stand up as a beautiful beach when a tourist is looking through a brochure with beaches such as: Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Acapulco, Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, and Cabo San Lucas; but one thing is for sure. However you decide to spent your time at any of these beaches is what makes the place valuable and beautiful.


My dad is one of those guys who does not like getting near the water because he thinks that a shark will attack him. He has a phobia for sharks, but I don't blame him. I just want to say: STOP watching shark movies and Shark Week on the Discovery Channel! Here he is, enjoying a warm morning with of course, his cup of coffee.


Out of the two days I spent in Mazatlan I only took pictures on the last day. I got into the beach mood and just spent my time with my family around the city. Truthfully, I simply enjoyed my time there.



One of the best parts of this trip was seeing all the tourist walking down the beaches. It shows that even though the violence among drug cartels has been growing a lot in the last years it does not stop travelers from visiting the unique landscapes of my beloved, Mexico.


Before I left Mazatlan I had to show my appreciation for two amazing days with the family. I showed some love to Mazatlan, but quickly before the wave came in and vanished my artwork.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love the classic shot of the footprints along the shore.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete